I had the opportunity to taste kale guacamole last week and really enjoyed it. The texture is a little different than I normally make my guacamole but it kept the dip green and added some extra vegetables. I first found this recipe for plumped up kale guacamole and it was ok. I ended up using for citrus, another avocado and wished for onion and jalapeño heat (next time). My friend who made the version I tried used this super bowl recipe as her base.
2 ripe avocados
4 kale leaves
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1 lemon
Large handful cilantro
2 garlic cloves
1/2-3/4 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In blender combine, 1 avocado, kale, cilantro, juice of lemon and lime, garlic
2. Start blending and add water to loosen mixture up
3. Dice onion, jalapeño and extra avocado
4. Mix spices, onion, jalapeño and avocado into dip
5. Let sit for 3-4 hrs or better overnight
The initial taste is pretty veggie like, but once you get over that and let all the flavors blend it is really good. It needed some spice that wasn’t in the originally recipes. We’ve been using it for dip, and serving it with everything from frittatas to stuffed peppers.