Smothered Pork Chops
So yesterday was my birthday and I wanted something tasty, but didn’t want to put too much effort into my birthday dinner. I had some pork loin chops in the freezer and decided that was as good as anything else. My mother did some variation of this recipe for my entire life, but never in the crockpot and usually with white rice not brown. So here’s to simple and tasty home cooking.
2-3 lbs pork chops (boneless, bone in or pork loin chops)
2 cans Campbells cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
1 soup can milk
1/4 shitake mushrooms (optional)
1. Add pork chops to crock pot
2. Mix 2 cans cream of mushroom soup with 1 can milk in a small mixing bowl until fully mixed (minimal soup clumps)
3. Add soup and milk mixture to crockpot
4. Cook at high temperature for ~5 hours in crockpot
5. At 5 hours, check pork chops for tenderness (pork chops should fall apart)
6. Add 1/4 cup shitake mushrooms. This is an optional step, however my husband grew them and we wanted to harvest them and eat them before they went bad. I broke them into pieces and added them to the crockpot to sit for about an hour on warm with the other ingredients.
7. Keep on warm until ready to serve. We served it with brown rice, green beans and peas and corn